Watts Program 18
In the fall of 2012, we sponsored 70 at-risk youth from 99th Street Elementary School in Watts. These students, or as we say, “Dreamers,” captured our hearts with their warm, inquisitive, and captivating personalities. They were in third grade when “I Have a Dream” Foundation – Los Angeles (IHADLA) first began sponsoring them — they’re now in the eighth grade!
They are working hard during the after-school program, participating in their communities, serving others through volunteer and service days, and taking college field trips to USC and UCLA and other campuses.
It is so important for our Dreamers to visit new environments and have new experiences, especially because these Dreamers come from particularly extraordinary circumstances.
We are looking forward to the next six-plus years with our Watts Dreamers from Program 18.
Program 18, Watts
Learn More About Program 18 in Watts
- Program 18 Watts Staff
- Program 18 Watts Dreamer Class Inauguration – 2012
- Watts Dreamer Students Take Their First College Trip – 2012
- Third Grade Dreamer Students in Watts Receive Donation of BackPacks and School Supplies from Local Businessman – 2013
- Dreamer Students in Watts Run a 5k with Girls on the Run – 2013
- Le Lycee Francais Visits IHADLA Watts Dreamers for the Holidays – 2012
- IHADLA Watts Summer Program – 2015
- Student Superheroes Giving Back – 2016
- Que Rico Dance Company Dance Classes for Watts Dreamer Students – 2016
Make a Difference in the Lives of Youth in Watts, Los Angeles
Get involved! There are so many ways to help. Click below to volunteer, mentor or donate. And, follow us on social media at @IHADLA on Instagram.