Manager of Grant Writing and Research
Established in 1987, The “I Have A Dream” Foundation – Los Angeles is the only educational organization in Los Angeles that sponsors entire grade levels of students in underserved communities and works with them for 10+ consecutive years: from elementary school through high school graduation and beyond. Students receive IHADLA’s full services of in-school, after-school, and year-round academic, social, and emotional support.
The Manager of Grant Writing and Research will provide strategic direction, management and execution of the entire grant making process including, market research to provide potential donors, marketing and CEO with up to date statistics on under-served youth. The Manager will develop, write and administer foundation, trust, corporate, government and all other grants. The Manager will work to increase giving within existing grants as well as identify and grow new sources of funding. The executive will work in close collaboration with the CEO to ensure that all grants are received, tracked, and acknowledged appropriately. The Manager will keep track of all expenditures to ensure they are consistent with the grant’s purpose, and write all grant reports requested by grantors.
This is a full-time exempt position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement an ongoing diversified grant plan for the organization as a whole and for individual programs
- Research and develop ideas for new fundraising sources including trusts, foundations, corporate, family, and government grants and sponsorships
- Act as the day to day point person for all grant research and writing
- Maintain and improve existing systems and reporting for accurate tracking of grants
- Increase grant opportunities through research into grants that apply to the programs and goals of the organization
- Record the receipt of grants and their proper classification
- Prepare detailed reports on grant fundraising progress to the CEO
- A strong commitment to IHADLA’s mission and core values
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills
- Has strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Pays keen attention to detail, is highly organized, and can prioritize effectively
- Is a strategic thinker, a problem-solver, and is creative and innovative
- Has the ability to work independently on a wide range of projects with minimal supervision
- Thrives in an achievement-oriented, entrepreneurial, and fast-paced environment
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; Graduate degree preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in comparable grant acquisition
- Must have experience in donor relationship management
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to write clearly for, and speak articulately to, a wide range of audiences and diverse communities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Internet research, email platforms, and database management
- Proficient in DonorPerfect and Civicore (Genie) information management
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31st, 2018 at 5pm PDT. No phone calls, please.